With almost 3,500 stores in the UK, Tesco is a staple shop on the average high street. Similarly to many other supermarkets, today Tesco offers an array of financial services, from insurance to the Tesco credit card.
The question is whether their credit cards are as good as their fruit, veg and frozen goods. In this review, we find out.
Benefits of a Tesco online credit card
- Apply online – the process takes 10 minutes and you will receive a yes or no decision in 60 seconds flat
- Manage your Tesco credit card payments using the mobile app, which you can use to stay on top of your spending
- Pay with your contactless Tesco credit card for all purchases up to £30
- Collect Tesco Clubcard points – Tesco credit cards also act as a Clubcard, no matter where you spend on services, or purchase goods (see the next section for more information on Tesco credit card Clubcard points)
- Make payments even more convenient, with fast, easy payments via Apple Pay
Tesco Clubcard credit cards – Your options
|Name of card||Balance transfer||Purchases||Representative APR||Rewards|
Clubcard Credit Card With A 0.85% Balance Transfer Fee
0% 15 months
0% 15 months
Clubcard Credit Card With No Balance Transfer Fee
0% 12 months
0% 12 months
Foundation Clubcard Credit Card
Premium Credit Card
Tesco credit card Clubcard points
Tesco Bank Credit Cards also act as a Clubcard, helping you build up a balance of Clubcard points no matter where you are shopping or paying for services. Here are the rewards you will receive, as according to where you are spending…
- 5 Clubcard points for every £4 you spend at Tesco stores
- 5 Clubcard points for every £4 you spend on Tesco fuel (excludes Esso Fuel)
- 1 Clubcard point for every £8 you spend almost everywhere else
In addition to Tesco groceries, you can also redeem your Clubcard points for discounts on holidays, meals out and experience days.
Tesco credit card balance transfers
What is a balance transfer?
A balance transfer is where one credit card balance is moved to another credit card. Depending upon your current credit card provider, the benefits of a balance transfer to a Tesco credit card could include:
- Lower interest rates
- Savings on repayments
- The potential to repay your balance earlier
- The ability to reorganise your finances and consolidate your credit card debt
Credit card companies often offer promotions to encourage consumers to transfer their balance.
Currently, a Tesco credit card balance transfer for new customers provides an attractive package of up to a 36-month interest-free period – the longest period offered by any credit card company.
In detail, a Tesco credit card balance offers:
- 0% interest on balance transfers for up to 36 months, with a 2.69% fee. Tesco may alternatively offer an interest free period over 30 or 24 months, depending upon your individual circumstances.
- 0% interest on cash transfers to a bank account for up to 36 months, with a 3.94% fee. Tesco may make an alternative offer over a period of 30 or 24, depending on your individual circumstances.
- Balance transfers and/or cash transfers must take place within 90 days of the account opening. You will be allowed to transfer anything up to 95% of your available credit limit.
Representative example of a Tesco credit card balance transfer
Representative rate 18.9%APR (variable). Interest rate on purchases 18.9% p.a. (variable). Assumed credit limit £1,200.
Contacting Tesco – Tesco credit card contact number
Never contact Tesco Credit Card through a number or email address that you have received via an unauthorised source (such as a number left by voicemail, or an email address provided through an email sent to you).
Tesco Bank customer service lines are open 24/7, and online banking and mobile banking help is available 8 am to 10 pm 7 days a week.
- Credit card support – 0345 300 4278
- Lost or stolen card, or suspected fraud (calling from the UK)
- Lost or stolen card, or suspected fraud (calling from overseas)
- Credit cards customer services
- Credit cards customer services – using a Textphone (minicom)
- Online Banking and Mobile Banking App help
- Online Banking and Mobile Banking App help – using a Textphone (minicom)
- Online Banking and Mobile Banking App help – using Typetalk
- Make a claim against your payment protection insurance (PPI)
- Identity Protection claims and queries
- Customers in financial difficulty – 0345 301 4971*
Other ways of contacting Tesco Credit Card
Write to Tesco Bank: Tesco Bank Credit Card Operations, PO Box 27028, Broadway One, Glasgow, G2 9FT